I have never seen a teacher use this type of evaluation in my experience, but it seems to be a fast, useful way of making sure that when a student is speaking they have used the correct words, pronunciation, and structures that were taught in class. We came up with a small example in class to help clarify this type of evaluation, and it looked something like this:
Pronunciation Always Sometimes Never
1. /y/
2. I'm
Grammar
1. on
In another class with Luz she also shared the idea of putting all the questions that you would ask your students in an oral evaluation in a box and practicing those questions in class. As a result, when you do the oral evaluation, the students know exactly what questions they are going to be asked and how they need to respond. A control list could be developed based on the structures/answers/pronunciation for the questions and discussed in class so the students know how they will be evaluated. I plan on using this type of control list for oral exams in my future classes.
No comments:
Post a Comment